Friday, June 24, 2011

2 of 2....

In Nevada prostitution is legal.. (great way to start a post huh?)
It's SO legal in fact that these "women of the night" even have houses.... like sorority houses only less publicly acceptable. In Battle Mountain there are two "Cat houses" with in the town limits. Both of these houses are with in a few blocks of our house.

"But Tiff how do you KNOW these are 'Cat houses'?" Well first off, when Corey and I moved here I thought it was a cute little preschool or something because it is so tastefully named "The Love-Shack" and those words were written in rainbow bubble letters. While we were driving around I pointed to this building and said "Oh how cute!"
"Babe, that's not cute it's a Whore House."
"A WHAT?!?!?!?!"
"A Whor..."
"I know what a Whore House is. Why is it here? In town? Close to where people live?"
"Easy access."
"SICK!"

Well as I was coming to grips with the fact that there is a "Cat house" with in a few dozen yards of our house my thoughts were interrupted by. "And this one is a Whore House too." These two houses aren't even two blocks apart!!!! So as if to give my denial a small ledge to hang onto before plummeting into that great black whole of belief and eventually the stiller darker whole of acceptance I asked, "Well how do YOU know that they are Whore Houses? And don't say it's because you've been in them." (menacing glare to emphasize my disapproval if his answer was in the affirmitive category)
"Ugh! NO! My Uncle Scott use to go to Whore Houses all the time, and once when I was up here with him he offered to introduce me to some of the girls."
"You said 'NO' right??
"Of course hon."


Anyways.... Every weekend these "Cat houses" will open for business on their business end.... that is to say that they have a bar attached to the house that they have open to the general public to bring in extra cash. And they play the most awful, twingy-twangy, red neck music along side awful Hispanic music... I love legal Hispanics but their music that blares, that heavy base with Spanish words that are sang/said way too fast in the first place just bugs the heck out of me.

So I'm sitting in bed (glances at clock) it's 4:37 AM and they are playing their music so loud that I can hear it over my air conditioner, 18" inch fan, and Corey's snoring. IT'S WAY TOO LOUD!  I seriously wish that prostitution was either out-lawed or a law would be passed for "Cat houses" to be at least a few miles outside of residential areas... I'd prefer the out-lawed part. Just because a woman has the plumbing to be a "Cat?" doesn't mean she isn't capable of getting a respectable job like all the morally stable women in the world. If anything "Cats?" are just making women's image as a whole lesser in value.



I hope they all get the flu... My sleeping hours would be less bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment