Tuesday, June 7, 2011

If I could tell my landlord where to stick it....

I love that Corey and I have our own place. It's just the right size for us, has large bedrooms, oh and have I mentioned the lovely smell of chemicals, or the spiders???

Our house had minor issues when we first moved in. The heater has a cracked radiator that leaks carbon monoxide (no worries we had the gas company come and shut it off and we have a carbon monoxide alarm), none of the 4x5 windows have locks on them (had to get pieces of wood to act as a stopper), when the washer drains all the soiled water goes into our sinks/toilet/tub, the kitchen floor is all ripped up, the bathroom floor crumbles away little by little and now we have actual sewage that comes up through the floor along with those terrible sewer gases, both of the doors weren't sealed right so we get large drafts through the house, and we have a large infestation of spiders.
It started with just a few big daddy long legs (no biggy Corey would squish those), then we came across a few dozen brown recluse, later we found hobo spiders, and just now I found a big funnel web spider on my bathroom ceiling.
Now I hate spiders very much, so much that I'd go as far as saying that I have slight arachnophobia. But I could deal with our arrangement. If I didn't see them they didn't get squished. If I saw them I immediately yelled for Corey and he would destroy them!!! =] This system was working quite well and for a while we thought we were gradually getting rid of them. Until a few weeks ago when we realized that for every one spider killed 3-4 would show up in it's place LITERALLY! All we could think was "What the crap is going on?"
We tried to find where they were coming from but we had no luck until the day we did all of Gemma's laundry. We had to get her little dresses out of the closet and that's when we found the nest. All the spiders had created a mass web structure and laid their eggs IN OUR BABY'S CLOSET!!! That was the last straw for us.
We are now looking for a place else where. There's no way I'm bringing my baby into this crumby house of horrors.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh that is disgusting!!!!!!!!! I could pee my pants it's so gross

    ReplyDelete