Monday, February 28, 2011

STORY TIME!

 Do you all know the true story of Rapunzel???  The first part of this post is a story....

Once upon a time there was a man and a woman who had long, but to no avail, wished for a child. Finally the woman came to believe that the good Lord would fulfill her wish. Through the small rear window of these people's house they could see into a splendid garden that was filled with the most beautiful flowers and herbs. The garden was surrounded by a high wall, and no one dared enter, because it belonged to a sorceress who possessed great power and was feared by everyone.
One day the woman was standing at this window, and she saw a bed planted with the most beautiful rapunzel. It looked so fresh and green that she longed for some. It was her greatest desire to eat some of the rapunzel. This desire increased with every day, and not knowing how to get any, she became miserably ill.
Her husband was frightened, and asked her, "What ails you, dear wife?"
"Oh," she answered, " if I do not get some rapunzel from the garden behind our house, I shall die."
The man, who loved her dearly, thought, "Before you let your wife die, you must get her some of the rapunzel, whatever the cost."
So just as it was getting dark he climbed over the high wall into the sorceress's garden, hastily dug up a handful of rapunzel, and took it to his wife. She immediately made a salad from it, which she devoured eagerly. It tasted so very good to her that by the next day her desire for more had grown threefold. If she were to have any peace, the man would have to climb into the garden once again. Thus he set forth once again just as it was getting dark. But no sooner than he had climbed over the wall than, to his horror, he saw the sorceress standing there before him.
"How can you dare," she asked with an angry look, "to climb into my garden and like a thief to steal my rapunzel? You will pay for this."
"Oh," he answered, "Let mercy overrule justice. I cam to do this out of necessity. My wife saw your rapunzel from our window, and such a longing came over her, that she would die, if she did not get some to eat."
The sorceress's anger abated somewhat, and she said, "If things are as you say, I will allow you to take as much rapunzel as you want. But under one condition: You must give me the child that your wife will bring to the world. It will do well, and I will take care of it like a mother."

Yes this is only the first half of the story... I'm sure you all know the rest. 

Warning: This second part of the post is meant just to vent. If you don't want to read it by all means don't. AND if i find out this get's back to the person I'm venting about I know four suspects I'll go after. (hint hint)

I understand that she didn't get to be there when Jess went for ultrasounds, or when she was in labor. She could've been if she really wanted to. She could call up the kid's friend's parents and work a sleepover plan, so that when Jess went into labor all the kid's would go to their friend's house and sleepover for two days. And she could do that now. Have the kid's sleepover at their friend's for two days.... stay at one of her brother or sister's house. If she really wanted to be here she could figure out something that would work. My in-laws are driving in from Lovelock when I go into labor, she could caravan with them so that if something went wrong she'd have help close by.
But that isn't what I'm upset about, I don't mind sending my family a video of my torso up in labor and then a video of the baby. What is ticking me off is that she wanted to go with us to the first ultrasound. And now that we're moving and she won't be able to go she's calling me a brat..... The first ultrasound is a very intimate and lovely moment for a husband and wife to share, it ruins the moment if your mother is there trying to share it. I just want it to be a nice quite time for Corey and I to hold eachother's hand and to see our baby for the first time.
Yeah it would be awesome if my mom could be there to see the baby at the second or third ultrasound.... But for the first one you get pictures and a mini dvd of the whole ultrasound and you bring those home to the family so they can see the baby. It's not like John, Angel, Sarina, Alden, Dad, Vicki, Lis, Jess, Frank, Sophia, Kate, Zeb, Dan, Andy, Zach, and Josh all get to go. But my mother wants to be the only one in there with us.
It makes me feel like a surrogate mother... like the baby is her's. AND IT'S NOT!!! Sometimes there's a connection between fiction and real life.
Honestly I don't even think I'll have anyone but the doctor, nurses, and Corey with me when I go into labor. Okay MAYBE Lis and Jess will be there... I need someone to video tape the big event.
But even if I let them be in there with me everyone else get's to pace out in the waiting room until after all the sentimental stuff is over (the first moment alone with the baby, the cutting of the umbilical cord, the first nursing (because it'll be awkward the first time) the first bath, the first diaper, and the swaddling). After that then my family and friends can come in and be with us. I was hoping for a few minutes alone with our baby before everyone else would want to hold them and snuggle them.
Is that really too much to ask? I just want to hog our baby and keep them for myself! LoL

No comments:

Post a Comment